So What Makes a Great Headshot?
- black and white or stylized coloring can make a headshot appear dated.
Background should match industry trends
- certain backgrounds or aesthetics for photos might look out of place in the wrong industry.
Approachability is vital
- blank stares or stern looks can create a feeling of distrust.
- fake smiles are not memorable and create no emotional connection to the viewer.
Sparkle in the eyes
- both eyes should have a sparkle of light in them. This sparkle gives life and is what's called "the window to the soul."
Minimal shadows on the face
- too much shadow can lead to distrust.
Matching or similar backgrounds shot to shot
- images on a team page that don't aesthetically match can appear unprofessional.
You look like yourself on your best day
- light retouching can help remove distracting elements like blemishes or bags under the eyes.
No distracting outfits or backgrounds
- in-focus backgrounds or distracting patterns in clothing take the focus away from you.
Learn Our Process
Win a $650 headshot session and learn some secrets for better headshots.
Over 180 Reviews
2 W 46 STREET #1500
139 FULTON STREET #715
Copyright © 2018 MJB Home Entertainment, LLC