How to Become an Actor - Getting Started
Want to start making money and getting known as an actor? It's all about making yourself memorable and spreading your name. Follow some of the tips below to get started.
- Go to www.mandy.com and create a free profile to start getting casting calls.
- Get a professional headshot taken, or if you have no money yet, take one yourself!
- Go to www.godaddy.com and buy a domain with your name in it, like www.martinbentsen.com.
- Create business card with your headshot, name, domain name, and email address. I like to use VistaPrint.
- Go through emails from a long time ago and make a list in Excel with all the people in the entertainment industry you've worked with. Include their name, phone number, and email.
- Create a YouTube account and upload anything decent you have of yourself performing.
- Take some acting classes! Check out www.actorsconnection.com. It's a great place to start!
- Take a look at the Actor Self Promotion 40 Steps to Success eBook and take your acting career to a whole new level, much farther than most actors make after years of training!