The goal of a professional photoshoot is to shoot a bunch of images in order to find the single best shot for each look. Check out these simple tips to easily pick your favorite shot!
1. Look through your photos with someone who will be honest and has a third party perspective.
2. If you like the overall photo, make sure to check that the expression looks natural and there is no tension or worry in your eyes or mouth.
3. Narrow down your favorite images into folders and subfolders on your computer so it's easier to compare them to each other.
4. Remember that retouching can be done to fix flyaway hairs, blemishes, shine, something distracting in the background, etc. In general, all professional photos should be retouched, but if you are just planning to use it small on LinkedIn, it might not be necessary.
5. Check out these fun videos I made. They'll give you my top tips for how to pick your best possible shot.
Video 1 (2014)
Video 2 (2011 - this video is a bit outdated and fairly long, but it can be helpful!)
Hey I'm Martin, and my goal is to help you reach yours. I love writing content about career advancement, marketing strategies, productivity, and much more.