This is pretty easy unless you've never hired one before. All you have to do is email or call a headshot photographer that you are looking for. Make it simple. Just send them a message saying you need some new headshots and want to schedule a session, and it will be easy enough because they should get back to you within a day about their availability and you'll be able to schedule something.
The more difficult question is where to find headshot photographers. First off, if you are reading this article it means you are on www.cityheadshots.com which is a great headshot photography website and you can contact me for professional shots whenever you'd like. But if you are interested in hiring a different photographer, feel free to follow the steps below to get yourself some great results:
How to find a great headshot photographer:
1. Google "Headshots" and you'll come across a bunch of excellent photographers. Only thing is they typically charge a lot.
2. Google "Cheap Headshots" and you'll find some great resources for headshot photography and you'll be able to really get something decent without breaking the bank.
3. Ask your agents, managers, or acting teachers for recommendations. They will always point you in the right direction, but again, be willing to pay for those great shots.
4. Ask your friends who they may have used. But remember: just because a session went well for your friend doesn't mean it will go well for you.
5. Scour Craigslist. There are always photographers posting ads there. Same thing with flyers. Typically, if someone is posting an ad it means they are new and have not been getting much referral business, so be wary.