Here are a number of quick tips to ensure you get some great headshots no matter who you hire as a photographer. Remember that lighting and photographic beauty are the least important parts of an actor headshot. What's more important in terms of whether you get hired is your expression and if the casting director thinks you can act.
Here are tips to ensure your headshot is great:
1. Be confident.
2. Know what you want before you come.
3. Experiment and play with the camera. Try new things.
4. Have a fun time and relax.
5. Stay engaged and actively involved with the shoot.
6. Be prepared by bringing everything you will need ahead of time.
7. Don't think too much about getting the perfect headshot. Have fun and it will come in time.
8. Don't look like you are trying too hard to force a look or it will look fake.
9. Come in a good mood and make sure you are well rested and not hungry.
10. And I'll mention again: show your confidence.