Here is a simple guide on how to get the best headshots you can get, even if you are spending less than $300:
1. Wear to your shoot what you love to wear. If you choose to bring things you think look professional or better than what you love to wear, you might not feel comfortable in the headshot. Bring clothes you love, as long as they have no logos or wild patterns like plaid. Layers are good because they add interest. Just stay away from all white.
2. Remember that no matter who you are, it takes a little time to get into the mood. You won't get amazing headshots until you've had time to get used to the photographer and you are hitting it off well. Take them lightly. If everything is a joke and you're in a great mood, you'll get a great headshot. As soon as you start losing the good mood, you will start getting worse shots. I like to believe that the more expensive the headshot photographer is, the better they will be at getting you in a great mood. So really, you want to hire someone you can get along well with.
3. Have fun. It's so important to have a good time. Think about happy and fun things if the photographer can't get you there. As a headshot photographer, they should be able to direct you into the right mood, but if they have trouble, then it's up to you because you want the good shots. Just be happy and confident and have fun!
4. Be completely comfortable. Don't do anything at all that will make you uncomfortable, like trying something new before the headshot session. If you wear new clothes or try new makeup and you're worried about how it looks, your worry will show up in the images.
5. Play with the camera. Try to do different things and step out of the standard comfort zone of the basic smile you are so used to. We shoot digital these days, so we're going to delete all the bad shots anyway! So try all different characters and moods and have fun. Feel comfortable in the fact that it's okay to step out of your comfort zone, if that makes any sense.
Please let me know if you have any questions, but I sincerely believe that actors deserve great shots for a lower price. That's why I'm willing to share these crucial tips. Remember that organic human interaction comes from likeability, and only the likable people are successful. If your photographer isn't likeable, you won't get great headshots. Get out asap.
Headshots NYC - Cheap, Professional Headshots in New York City