Honestly, the best thing you can do is get headshots asap. But, if you absolutely don't have the money or don't want to for some strange reason, this is what you should do to get work:
1. Take a picture of yourself and submit it all around to different projects. Remember that there is no way you'll get called in with no photo.
2. Submit to a bunch of free student films. If you act in plays, be sure to record them so that you can use the samples.
3. Follow up with everyone and make sure you get copies of what you acted in.
4. Make a reel from them.
5. Post it online, showing your best acting skills.
6. Start submitting to paid projects and sending your reel. It will take a while without a good headshot but eventually you'll get a paid job.
7. Use that money to get professional headshots.
8. Then start only submitting to paid jobs.
9. Sooner or later you'll be on your way to the top!
As a filmmaker, and more specifically, a director, I know how to bring out emotions in actors. Having a discussion beforehand on the phone allows me to easily find out what types of roles you like to play and then on the day of the shoot we waste no time going for the perfect looks.
Whether you are an Adler studio or Meisner actor or anything else, it doesn't matter because I have experience working with all different kinds. I use my film directing skills to help you get better headshots than most other photographers can bring out.
What kind of roles do you like to play? What kinds of characters can you be? These are the kinds of questions you must know the answer to. Then I can help you bring out the best of those roles by directing you into the perfect pose, expression, and look to get you the best headshot possible.
I hope to work with you!
Hey I'm Martin, and my goal is to help you reach yours. I love writing content about career advancement, marketing strategies, productivity, and much more.