But I know how it is for actors, constantly trying to update shots. It's so disheartening. I've poured hundreds and hundreds of dollars in the past eight years looking to get a good headshot. So here are my tips for those who can't seem to get a good headshot:
1. Stop going to your friend/ friend of a friend (unless they truly are a professional)
***This will help you stop settling for that "OK" shot because you don't want to hurt anyone's feelings.
2. Stop looking for the cheapest price. Just stop. No one wants a pizza made with the cheapest sauce.
3. Quality over quantity (of course). You don't need 589275027503 shots. You need one great one.
4. Look for someone who shoots people who look like you. Can they shoot your skin tone? Can they shoot someone with short hair, no hair, long hair?
5. Look for someone who wants to take care of you from start to finish. No they won't print your headshots, but they should be knowledgable enough to know where to get it done.
6. Read all the reviews. Bad ones, good ones.. read 'em all.
Lastly, show people your shots. As much as they are yours- you might want to ask a few people you trust (and who are in the industry) what they think. Good luck and hopefully these tips saved you millions of dollars that you can now buy all the pizza you desire.
Follow us on twitter @mjbhomeent / insta @City_Headshots!