Preparing for your Headshot Session
Before going into your headshot session, read through this list and make sure to prepare properly:Know your goals for the shoot. Find out any specifications you need to match.
- Prepare your looks a week beforehand. Grow or cut hair, get beauty treatments, etc.
- The week of the shoot, eat well, drink lots of water, and avoid sunburns or scratching your face. Think happy thoughts to avoid stress and blemishes, but know that if a blemish shows up, it can be retouched!
- Don't drink alcohol 24 hours beforehand.
- Iron and pack clothing the night before. Avoid crazy patterns and logos and be sure to wear well-fitted clothes.
- Pack a lint roller in case your photographer doesn't have one (we have them at our studio).
- Write out a song/artist list if you want to play music during the shoot.
- Bring contact info and plan to arrive early.
- Get plenty of sleep that night!
- Eat breakfast and drink coffee through a straw to avoid teeth stains.
- Come to the shoot happy! Keeping an open mind and having fun will ensure your shots come out great.